Sony just can’t seem to keep their The Last of Us PS4 version a secret. Recently a Sony Eurasian executive revealed in an interview that The Last of Us will be launching for the PS4 and earlier today, an ad went up on the Playstation Store for The Last of Us: Remastered, linking to a “Page Not Found.” The page is live now, offering some additional information regarding the re-release.
The Last of Us: Remastered will be, well, remastered with higher res textures, improved environments, a better lighting and shadow system, and more. It will also come with commentary on all the cutscenes with Neil Druckmann (the creative director and writer), Troy Baker (who played Joel), and Ashley Johnson (who played Ellie). DLC is also included, with the Left Behind single-player addition being the big one here, along with the Abandoned Territories and Reclaimed Territories packs.
Should you desire to pre-order a physical copy at your favorite retailer, you will receive as a bonus:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Should you pre-order it through the Playstation Network, you will receive:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
The Last of Us: Remastered is set to launch this summer. Expect more news about the PS4 edition as well as the upcoming DLC.